Are you looking for the meaning and usage of the word ‘Epicure’ 😕 If so, you are in the right place! Learn how to use Epicure in a sentence, in this word of the week. Bookmark our site www.addicted2learn.com in order to read Word of the week April series. Also, remember to go through the April Idiom series.
A person who enjoys fine food and drink and has knowledge of quality food and drink.
Epicure in a sentence:
Here are some examples of how to use Epicure in a sentence
- Since Amita is an epicure, she will only eat at the finest restaurants in the town.
- My friends love attending my dinner parties because my mom is an epicure who knows how to make perfect recipes.
- Since Sandra is an epicure, she was invited to be the judge for the cooking contest.
Synonyms for Epicure:
Gourmet, Foodie, Bon Viveur,
Origin of Epicure:
The origin of the word Epicure originated from the name of the Greek philosopher Epicurus during the 1350 – 1400. Epicurus believed in the philosophy of Friendship, pleasure and secluded life. The word Epicure finally entered the English in the 16th century and the philosophy of Epicurus had been minimalized, and thereafter the word became synonymous with the term ‘hedonist.’
Now that you have learned about Epicure Meaning, usage, synonym, and origin, try using it in your daily conversation
Enjoyed reading the post? Share it with your family and friends because everyone deserves to learn.
Want to learn vocabulary every week? Bookmark: Wordful Wednesday to learn a new word and idiom every week.
And moreover, We would like to thank our readers for showing us their commendable support. We have received emails from our lovely readers stating that they enjoyed learning new words every day. Some of them even started saying that they are practically implementing it in their daily routine. For this reason, we have decided to start the same series for this month. And trust us, learning a new word every week is not just expanding your vocabulary, but it’s making you more confident and comfortable using these words in your conversations.
Some Tips to improve vocabulary:
Apart from learning a new word every day, here are some tips you need to consider if you are willing to improve or expand your vocabulary.
- First of all, learn new words every day because learning new words will expand your word power. And as a result, you will be more confident with words.
- Learning new words will not be sufficient, also try to include those words in your daily conversations.
- Besides learning new words, Keep discussing those words from time to time. Furthermore, Discuss them with someone who is interested in vocabulary.
- Carry a dictionary. Wait, that doesn’t mean that you carry a huge bulky dictionary, You have many apps available on both android and ios platforms. Download them.
- Understand the root words accordingly. This will make your job easier.
- Another key point is to use flashcards to memorize new words.
- It’s important to realize that reading is significantly important to expand vocabulary; So, therefore, Read frequently.
- Make a note of word that you don’t know accordingly and refer that in a dictionary.
- In addition to the above, you can visit us and bookmark our site: www.addicted2learn.com to learn a new word every day.
- Furthermore, you can also find many apps that notify you of a new word every day.
In case you enjoyed reading this post, do share it. Because everyone deserves to learn.
We would like to thank our readers once again for showing us so much love. It is all because of your support that we always give our best to bring out the best content for all of you