2020 is here and If improving vocabulary is one of your resolutions for 2020, you are in the right place. Bookmark our site www.addicted2learn.com in order to read Word of the day February Series Also, remember to go through the February Idiom series.
Word of the day January Series: February 14:
Meaning: Spend time thinking or reflecting on a particular subject or issue.
Example Sentence: Sam asked all his team members to cogitate on ideas to boost sales.
Come back tomorrow on the same page to learn every day.
Meaning: Pretentious, flattering and not expressing true feelings.
Example Sentence: Because Sara wanted a promotion and hike in her salary, she frequently makes unctuous efforts to praise her boss.
Meaning: A place usually a university or a college that is concerned with the pursuit of researching, training, learning, and scholarship.
Example Sentence: Because Samantha wanted to continue her education, she decided to spend most of her life in academia.
Meaning: Attractive, bubbly, lively and energetic.
Example Sentence: Everyone in the audience applauded when the vivacious singer along with her newly-married husband arrived on the stage.
Meaning: Ability to shine brightly; radiant splendor; brilliance.
Example Sentence: As soon as the bride and the bridegroom made their first appearance the entire stage was on the display of effulgence.
Meaning: Acting or doing something without proper thinking and consideration.
Example Sentence: Sanya’s impetuous behavior caused many problems in her relationship.
Meaning: Impressive in a way that appears splendid, luxurious, grand or expensive.
Example Sentence: All the guests enjoyed the sumptuous dinner at the wedding.
Meaning: Confident and Self-assertive often in an irritating manner.
Example Sentence: Emma is so bumptious and overbearing that most of her colleagues avoid her in her office.
Meaning: The business of designing and making fashionable clothing to cater to customer’s specific needs.
Example Sentence: Samantha’s couture wedding gown was designed specifically for her by a renowned fashion designer.
Meaning: a process of making corrections or improvements.
Example Sentence: Sam took some time to make emendations to his project.
Meaning: A combination of passion, enthusiasm, energy usually in artistic expression.
Example Sentence: Sushmita performed the indo-classical dance with supreme verve and passion.
Meaning: Behaviour that is friendly, cooperative and polite among the people or groups.
Example Sentence: Because Stephens is very amicable, the teacher decided to appoint him as the class monitor.
Meaning: A long-established habit, activity or interest that is difficult to change.
Example Sentence: Because Samira is an inveterate traveler, she started a new blog sharing her traveling experiences.
Word of the day January Series: February 1:
Meaning: Impossible of being defeated; Undefeatable or Unconquerable.
Example Sentence: Even though James has stage fright, he displayed his indomitable courage to walk on to the stage and address the audience.
Here is the link to January series: Word of the day January Series
In case you are also looking for the more, visit our WORD OF THE DAY Category and learn more.
Suggested Readings: Similarily, you can also learn idioms: Idioms and Phrases December Series: Learn a new idiom daily.
And moreover, We would like to thank our readers for showing us their commendable support. We have received emails from our lovely readers stating that they enjoyed learning new words every day. Some of them even started saying that they are practically implementing it in their daily routine. For this reason, we have decided to start the same series for this month. And trust us, learning a new word every day is not just expanding your vocabulary, but it’s making you more confident and comfortable using these words in your conversations.
Some Tips to improve vocabulary:
Apart from learning a new word every day, here are some tips you need to consider if you are willing to improve or expand your vocabulary.
- First of all, learn new words every day because learning new words will expand your word power. And as a result, you will be more confident with words.
- Learning new words will not be sufficient, also try to include those words in your daily conversations.
- Besides learning new words, Keep discussing those words from time to time. Furthermore, Discuss them with someone who is interested in vocabulary.
- Carry a dictionary. Wait, that doesn’t mean that you carry a huge bulky dictionary, You have many apps available on both android and ios platforms. Download them.
- Understand the root words accordingly. This will make your job easier.
- Another key point is to use flashcards to memorize new words.
- It’s important to realize that reading is significantly important to expand vocabulary; So, therefore, Read frequently.
- Make a note of word that you don’t know accordingly and refer that in a dictionary.
- In addition to the above, you can visit us and bookmark our site: www.addicted2learn.com to learn a new word every day.
- Furthermore, you can also find many apps that notify you of a new word every day.
In case you enjoyed reading this post, do share it. Because everyone deserves to learn.
We would like to thank our readers once again for showing us so much love. It is all because of your support that we always give our best to bring out the best content for all of you