2020 is here and If improving vocabulary is one of your resolutions for 2020, you are in the right place. Bookmark our site www.addicted2learn.com in order to read Word of the day August Series Also, remember to go through the August Idiom series
Word of the day August Series: August 13:
Meaning: Something that is beautiful, charming and adorable.
Example Sentence: Samaira looked beauteous in her red long gown.
Come back tomorrow on the same page to learn a new word every day.
Meaning: A state of supreme bliss and happiness.
Example Sentence: After spending some time at the temple, her beatitude is seen on her face.
Meaning: Something that is huge or big in quantity or size.
Example Sentence: The new schemes implemented by the government has enormous benefits for the citizens.
Meaning: Something that is not clear or definite.
Example Sentence: The professor tried to clarify when someone in the audience tried to say that his project is vague.
Meaning: Behaviour that is polite and showing respect for other people.
Example Sentence: Anik’s courteous behaviour impressed the judges and the audience.
Meaning: An award or acknowledgement given to honour the work of a person.
Example Sentence: Jack received accolades from the CEO for his contribution towards the company and support for the employees.
Meaning: Agree or give approval to a demand, treaty, request or opinion; Become a king or queen.
Example Sentence: Because John wants to make his wife on their anniversary, he will wear a suit of her wife’s choice for their dinner date.
Meaning: Clever, intelligent and one’s ability to judge situations and people so as to use to one’s own advantage.
Example Sentence: Because of his astute nature, Anik has won the best employee title.
Meaning: A person who is positive, optimistic, and confident about good things in the future.
Example Sentence: Anik is sanguine about his new role as a manager in an institution he works.
Meaning: Something that is rich, luxurious and expensive.
Example Sentence: Sheena opted for a golden sumptuous gown for her engagement.
Meaning: Something that is good, healthy or wholesome.
Example Sentence: Anik and Aneesha enjoyed the salubrious environment of the park.
Meaning: A hobby or a subordinate occupation done for pleasure.
Example Sentence: My favourite avocation is photography and blogging.
Meaning: Confident composure and the ability to deal with a situation with style, poise and confidence.
Example Sentence: Anik received the job offer because of his ability to handle the tasks with aplomb.
- Word of the day July Series: Learn a new word every day
- Idioms and Phrases August Series: Learn a new idiom daily
In case you are also looking for the more, visit our WORD OF THE DAY Category and learn more.
Suggested Readings: Similarily, you can also learn idioms: Idiom of the day
And moreover, We would like to thank our readers for showing us their commendable support. We have received emails from our lovely readers stating that they enjoyed learning new words every day. Some of them even started saying that they are practically implementing it in their daily routine. For this reason, we have decided to start the same series for this month. And trust us, learning a new word every day is not just expanding your vocabulary, but it’s making you more confident and comfortable using these words in your conversations.
Some Tips to improve vocabulary:
Apart from learning a new word every day, here are some tips you need to consider if you are willing to improve or expand your vocabulary.
- First of all, learn new words every day because learning new words will expand your word power. And as a result, you will be more confident with words.
- Learning new words will not be sufficient, also try to include those words in your daily conversations.
- Besides learning new words, Keep discussing those words from time to time. Furthermore, Discuss them with someone who is interested in vocabulary.
- Carry a dictionary. Wait, that doesn’t mean that you carry a huge bulky dictionary, You have many apps available on both android and ios platforms. Download them.
- Understand the root words accordingly. This will make your job easier.
- Another key point is to use flashcards to memorize new words.
- It’s important to realize that reading is significantly important to expand vocabulary; So, therefore, Read frequently.
- Make a note of word that you don’t know accordingly and refer that in a dictionary.
- In addition to the above, you can visit us and bookmark our site: www.addicted2learn.com to learn a new word every day.
- Furthermore, you can also find many apps that notify you of a new word every day.
In case you enjoyed reading this post, do share it. Because everyone deserves to learn.
We would like to thank our readers once again for showing us so much love. It is all because of your support that we always give our best to bring out the best content for all of you.