Often at times, we tend to take things for granted that are easy to learn, easy to inculcate as a habit and that are easily accessible to us. We don’t tend to take an effort to appreciate someone for their random acts of kindness. Most importantly the emotions of gratefulness have replaced with ’tq’ ’thx’ and ’tysm’s’. Why does it feel so difficult to express gratitude to someone with real emotions? Are we really busy or is it just that we have forgotten to be thankful for everything that we are blessed with?
It would not be wrong to say that Gratitude is something which we fail to notice often. We are so busy leading an instant life that we fail to recognize the good things that we are blessed with, we fail to recognize the people who bless and care for us, we fail to appreciate the beauty in nature, fail to acknowledge the gratitude for our daily bread, shelter, and clothing.
What exactly is Gratitude?
I wouldn’t go by the dictionary meaning of Gratitude to simply make you understand this accessible quality that is lying dormant in most of our lives.
I will keep it simple yet real.
1. It’s an attitude of being grateful for someone or something.
2. It’s an attitude of appreciating the good things in people, situations, and circumstances.
3. A quality that focuses on blessings.
4. An emotion of satisfaction that is expressed in the form of Thank You.
How the power of Gratitude helps you?
There are innumerable benefits associated with the practice of Gratitude. This powerful attitude shifts our focus from a mindset that always complains about lack, scarcity, and inadequacies to a mindset that always appreciates and expresses gratitude.
This is how it helps
- Shifts your focus from the mindset that complains about lack, scarcity, and inadequacy to the mindset that appreciates and acknowledges.
- A mindset that is grateful makes you happy and confident.
- It helps you to get rid of toxic emotions like regret, resentment, and envy.
- It increases your self-esteem and brings you closer to optimism.
- You become less judgemental and accept the people as they are.
- Complaining, Arguing and Huge expectations are the reasons why relationships break. And on the contrary, the attitude of Gratitude brings people together.
- When you are happy and thankful you don’t release emotions of anger, frustration, envy, regret, etc.
- It removes the fear and gives you peace of mind.
But the most important question is this – How to practice it?
How to Practice Gratitude:
Well, there is no fixed formula that best describes the practice of gratitude. It’s all about your mindset. It’s a choice to look on the bright side of life. Every day brings with it innumerable opportunities to be thankful. You just have to identify what you are thankful for.
Cultivating the habit of gratitude doesn’t require much effort. It neither requires your time and money. It’s just about fine-tuning into an attitude of being grateful. It instantly boosts your mood and puts you in a sense of satisfaction and happiness. consider looking at these tips to develop the quality of gratefulness.
Tips to practice it
– Have a gratitude journal: Keep a separate journal to note down the things that you are grateful for before going to bed.
– Appreciate people for all the good things and acts of kindness.
– Thank your family for their unconditional love, support, and blessings.
– Smile and say thanks to your friends and the people who matter to you.
– Use gratitude affirmations.
– Don’t just get selective. Appreciate everything with fairness and with real emotion.
– Thank the Universe, Nature, God for the support and nourishment of your body and mind
– Reflect on how you express your gratitude and feel the sense of satisfaction when you say thanks.
We would like conclude this post with few gratitude quotes for you to ponder upon
Gratitude is the healthiest of all human emotions. The more you express gratitude for what you have, the more likely you will have even more to express gratitude forZig Ziglar
People won’t have time for you if you are always angry and complainingStephen Hawking
We can complain because rose bushes have thorns or rejoice because thorns have rosesAbraham Lincoln
And finally we would like to thank you from the bottom of our heart for taking time to visit our site and spreading your love and support for making addicted2learn.com a forum for continual learning.
Enjoyed the post? Do share it with the people you care and love, because everyone deserves to lead an inspiring life.Suggested Readings: