Feel Good About Yourself using these 8 Tips
What you think, you become
What you feel, you attract
What you image, you createBuddha
This prominent quote by Buddha isn’t just a feel-good thought, it’s a well-established fact.
Don’t think so?
Well, Observe the people around you. Talk to the people in your circle, ask them some deep questions. Listen to successful people, understand the way they think and talk. Decide for yourself.
In a competitive and stressed life where everyone is bound by goals, objectives, desires, targets, and expectations, there will be situations where you might feel stressed for having many things on your plate, which might create a sense of discontent, dissatisfaction which ultimately results in unhappiness.
The more you feel stressed, the more dissatisfied you are. The more dissatisfied you are the more unhappy you will be. This is like a vicious cycle.
So what can be done about this?
1. Forgive Yourself to feel good:
The main reason why you don’t feel good about yourself is that you keep blaming yourselves for almost everything that happens to you in your life.
You probably consider yourself responsible for each and everything in your life and most significantly if you blame yourself for something which is not in your control then you are actually causing a lot of mental pain to yourself.
So the more you find yourself responsible the more you’ll feel guilty. The more you feel guilty the more dissatisfied you’ll be. The more dissatisfied you are, the more you’ll feel bad about yourself.
So what can be done about this?
- Understand that you cannot control everything in your life.
- Focus on what can be improved.
- Don’t pressurize yourself over things that are beyond your control.
- Forgive yourself for committing mistakes. After all, we learn from mistakes.
- Understand that the mistakes are like lessons that help you learn and grow.
2. Pursue your passion, interests:
Whenever you feel that you’re upset about something, the best way to boost your mood is to do what you like. There’s nothing wrong in investing your time and effort in something that you are really passionate about. In fact, following your interests can instantly shift your mood from bad to good.
Consider looking at some of the examples:
- love music? just tune into it.
- enjoy cooking? treat yourself with what you like or probably maybe you can try something new.
- Netflix and Chill? Why not? Many of the modern self-help gurus consider it to be a waste of time. But that’s not the case. Especially when you are looking for a change. Of course, you can Netflix and Chill for a while if that makes you happy.
- Feel like having some fresh air? Go for a long drive and tune into your favorite track.
- Feel the need to be heard? call your friends, talk to your relatives. Visit them and make some purposeful conversations over a cup of coffee.
3. What’s on your plate?
Well most of us would take this for granted. It’s okay to have cheat meals at times, maybe once or twice a month. But if you are doing more of this, then you’re surely doing more harm to yourself.
What you eat is what you become. This is not just a mere saying, it’s a proven scientific fact. If you’re not giving attention to your food habits, then you are actually risking your life for serious health issues. The more processed and chemical contained food you consume, the more bad implications it has on both your body and mind.
Try to include green vegetables, salads, and fruits in your diet. Add more fiber and nutritious content to your food. Maintain a properly balanced diet. Cut off sugars, Sodium, and fat from your plate and see the difference for yourself in weeks. Eating clean, healthy and nutritious food not only boosts your metabolism but it also helps you stay fit and healthy both physically and mentally. As a result, you will always feel good about yourself.
4. Give time to your body and mind to feel good:
You are not just your body. You are both your body and mind. In your busy schedule talking 45 minutes to 60 minutes for your body and mind can bring about tremendous changes in your life.
Exercising regularly not only helps you sweat and lose fat but it also creates a sense of accomplishment within yourself. Really?? Yes, it does that! You just have to identify and pat your back.
Along with physical exercises, if you can also include meditation in your regime, it shall create wonders. And trust us, when we say that, we say that with confidence. Of course, the results that you expect might not be apparent immediately, since it requires you to get the hold of it. But the positive results are guaranteed. You just have to be patient and consistent to see the guaranteed results in the near future.
5. Practice a random act of Kindness:
Random acts of kindness can not only help others but it can make your life meaningful and purposeful. Well when it comes to practicing kindness, there is generally a misconception among the people that it requires so much of time, money and effort. But that’s not the case.
When we say practice a random act of kindness, we mean practicing small and simple acts that will not only help others but will brighten your day.
So, you might be just wondering about what Small and simple acts of kindness are. Here it is:
- Compliment people around you.
- Gift your favorite book to someone you really like, appreciate or love.
- Buy someone a cup of coffee.
- Visit an old age home and donate as per your capacity.
- Buy vegetables and fruits from local vendors rather than purchasing it from Supermarkets and big retail giants.
- Give someone a free hug.
- Smile often.
6. Practicing Gratitude to feel good:
There are innumerable benefits associated with this practice. The attitude of gratitude shifts your dimension from negative to positive. Many research shows that practicing gratitude releases a feel-good hormone in the body, that will change the way you look at life.
Instead of wasting your time feeling bad about the things that you lack, spending your time counting your blessings. This can altogether put you in an optimistic state. Furthermore, you keep attracting more good things in life when you are thankful for what you already have.
Here are some few tips that you may consider while practicing gratitude:
- Use of gratitude affirmations in the morning.
- Be thankful for everything that you are blessed with.
- Keep thanking people who have always been supportive.
- Say thanks very often for all the people who love you unconditionally.
- Use a separate Gratitude Journal to note the things that you are thankful for the entire day.
7. Spend time with the people who love you:
Happiness is all about spending time with people who share a bond of love and joy. Life can seem to be very difficult if you are constantly trying to prove yourself to others. Instead of making yourself loved by others, spend time with the people who love you unconditionally. It cannot always be your needs, your desires, and your likes. You have to realize that life is more meaningful and joyous when you also consider thinking about people who love you, care for you and think about you. Give your time to these people who are always thinking about you, blessing you and wishing good for you and see for yourself who elevated you feel.
8. Stop Complaining to feel good:
Life can be depressing if you keep complaining about every little thing. You must realize that complaining doesn’t make anything right. Do you know that the only difference between the wise and stupid is that – A stupid finds faults, whereas a wise man finds a solution.
You must realize that when you complain you are not only wasting your time about but also you are draining your energy. Maya Angelou once quoted: “If you don’t like something change it, If you cannot change it, change your attitude. Don’t complain”
Stop complaining about every little thing that is only going to upset. Instead, appreciate the good things in life, appreciate the good people in your life, appreciate your family members, friends, colleagues. Well, when was the last time you appreciated someone? Haven’t done it for a long time? Then stop complaining and activate the appreciation mode. Trust us, You’ll feel a way lot better.
Always remember one thing – If there is anything that you want to change about yourself, it can only be you. Always look on the brighter side of life. Focus on good things, Stop making a scapegoat of yourself, Stop complaining, Be thankful and Always keep smiling and say these loudly to yourself looking into the mirror – “I am Wonderful. I always feel good about myself and I am the best version of myself.
Enjoyed reading this post? share it because everybody deserves to learn. For more transformation stories visit: Transformation Thursday